Periodontal disease may be the leading cause of tooth loss in the United States. At NuLife Dental, when we see early indications of periodontal disease, we act quickly to save your teeth and maintain optimal oral health.
Simply, a standard dental cleaning will not remove the bacteria or infection associated with periodontal disease.
The signs of periodontal disease include:
- Jaw or tooth pain
- Bleeding gums, especially when brushing
- Loose teeth
- Swelling in the gums or cheeks
- Bad breath or bad taste in the mouth
Left untreated, periodontal disease not only leads to tooth loss, but it can advance into a systemic infection and spread to other areas of the body.
Periodontal treatments in our Orlando, FL dental office may include:
- Scaling and planing—the dentist cleans away bacteria below the gum line and may apply an oral antibiotic to promote healing and gum reattachment
- Gum surgery
- Scheduled dental visits for ongoing treatment
At NuLife Dental, we understand how scary periodontal disease can be, but with the right treatment, even advanced periodontal disease can be halted. And we will do everything to help you through, including pain management.
We also offer television, music, headphones, blankets, pillows, and a coffee bar.
Contact Our Orlando, FL Dental Office
At NuLife Dental, our only concern when it comes to periodontal disease is stopping the progression and returning you to better oral health. Schedule an appointment today for a periodontal assessment.